Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need help with 1099 misc that is not self emplymen. I have…

I need help with...

I need help with 1099 misc that is not self emplymen

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have a 1099 misc and certain government paper from the state of fla

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I need to know where to put the nonemployee compensation

3/9/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If payment for services you provided is listed in box 7 of Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income, the payer is treating you as a self-employed worker, also referred to as an independent contractor.

• You don't necessarily have to have a business for payments for your services to be reported on Form 1099-MISC. You may simply perform services as a non-employee.
  • The payer has determined that an employer-employee relationship doesn't exist in your case.

If you weren't an employee of the payer, where you report the income depends on whether your activity is a trade or business. You're in a self-employed trade or business if your primary purpose is to make a profit and your activity is regular and continuous. You would be required to report on Schedule C

If you were not then you list on Line 21 of the 1040 form.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

i am on a tax program whats line 21 it says on the letter if i was not self employed report the amount on the line for wages salaries , tips section

It does not go on the line for wages. OTHER is the designation for the 1040 form. What program are you using?

however i was sent also 1099 misc box 6 only has an amount for medicare & health care payment where does this go
H & R block program

That goes as business income. What service did you perform to receive that amount for Medical? That other 1099MISC too, for non employee, what did you do to get that payment?

my parent is on work comp so I help her with little housekeeping instead of home health care

Then that is to be reported on Schedule C. Business as self employed.

You don't necessarily have to have a business for payments for your services to be reported on Form 1099-MISC. You may simply perform services as a non-employee.

okay so i take the non employee compensation amount out of the wages section and place it where in other ? is that the section that says 1099 not yet reported? and the other medical & health goes where again SORRY FOR BEING SO CONFUSING because on 1 letter box 6 is 13905 and the other health---is 2197

You put both of those as BUSINESS INCOME (same Schedule C).

Take the non employee off the wages section. It goes on Schedule C as business

Both the 13905 and the 2197 will be as self employed.

thanks this info won't disappear

No even after you rate the information is not erased. It stays in your MY QUESTIONS

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
You've been a blessings and you are rated EXCELLENT I finally understand Going back to do corrections