Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm looking for my state refund...I never got it last year…

I'm looking for my...

I'm looking for my state refund...I never got it last year and I want to know why? And I'm waiting the one from this year want to know when is it coming..I want and need both check I don't owe the state anything so why is my money being held

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No that's it

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Have you confirmed that your state return was filed and ACCEPTED by the state?

What tax software program did you use to file your state return?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm not sure what my tax preparer used but it was and yes been confirmed

Did you use the state's online refund tool to find out the status?

For last year, you may have to call the state.

What state are you located in?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
IL I did all that the one from last year saying it's still being looked at and it says the same for this year
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I hope I didn't just pay $45 just for you to tell me I need to call the state

Then you should call them to find out why your refund is being held.

Do you have the number?

We don't have access to your personal tax information.

We can only advise you what steps to take to find out the status of your refund.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I don't have the number all the numbers to the irs is not working. Been there done that! That why I'm seeking other help

The IRS has nothing to do with your STATE refund.

You said you wanted to know about your STATE refund. You have to contact IL.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If I can get a legit number!

Wait a minute. I'll get it for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not to the IRS! They never answer I've tried a lot if different numbers

The IRS cannot answer questions about your STATE REFUND.

Here is the number for IL (###) ###-####/p>

I just tried the number, and it works.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, so that's the mistake I was making..thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll call now

My pleasure.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to rate my answer with a 5-star rating to let me know that I have achieved my goal.

Thank you.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will do

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great weekend!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent