Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need some information about 1099. Is 1099 filled based on…

I need some information...

I need some information about 1099

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Is 1099 filled based on invoice date or the payment date

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

What is efile ? when is the last date

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Fred Rook
Fred Rook, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can assist you. The 1099 is filed on payment date, not invoice date. Not sure about your efile question. Can you elaborate?

We forgot to submit 1099 for a contractor whom we paid last year. Can we do it now?
How do we efile 1099

You can do it now, but just be advised that the due date was January 31st. E-filing the 1099 depends on the software that you are using, but most do allow late e-filing of 1099's.

Thank you, ***** ***** generate 1099 to our CPA who did our taxes and attorney also?

Technically you should be sending to both of them, though they already accounted for the amounts you paid them I'm guessing.

Fred Rook
thanks for the help

It was my pleasure, have a great day!! Please take some time to rate my service when you get a chance. Thanks!!

Hi , should i generate 1099 to the vendors who are registered under Inc and sent us their w9.

There is an exception for C-Corps - they do not have to get a 1099. See the link below for more information on point.

https://www.thebalance.com/who-must-receive-form-1099-misc-397998

We paid one of our vendors the amount that we agreed up on, but he did not send us the invoice and his company is an scrop. how should i show it in the taxes

You will still take the deduction on your business return. You do not have to send the 1099 to them for the amounts paid. Having said that, I would get in the practice of doing the following:

1) Collect a W9 for all vendors.

2) Do not pay any vendors unless they present you with a valid invoice.

3) If receiving goods, you should also retain the packing slip for your records.

sure thank you

My pleasure