Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I had a employee who worked for me from February 2017-August…

Customer Question
I had a employee...

I had a employee who worked for me from February 2017-August 2017. He gave me invoices every 2 weeks. I asked him for his GST number but he failed to give it to me. He stopped showing up for work. I Paid him a total just over $40,000. I am still unable to acquire the GST number for this person.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

What do I do or is there a way to obtain his GST number, if he even has one? I do not want Problems with the CRA? How should I file for this person? He never charge GST, except on the very last invoice I received from him

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/9/2018
Tax Professional: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 months ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. Great Question. You are correct, he should have given you the number. I would contact him again to obtain his number. Send him a letter, as well, so you have documentation on file. If he does not provide you with, you should call the agency that provides these numbers. Worst-case scenerio, file without the number and attach an explanation.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney