Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

For IRA early withdrawal 10% penalty exception, would "First…

Hi For IRA early withdrawal 10%...
Hi
For IRA early withdrawal 10% penalty exception, would "First home purchase" (up to $10,000) apply to international as well? So if I buy a house in foreign countries, can I withdrawal $10,000 from my IRA without penalty?
Thank you!
3/9/2018
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

There is NO specific requirements to purchase a home in the US only.

So the home may be purchased in a foreign country and that will qualify for that exclusion.

Questions?

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor