Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My box 12 on my W2 has 4 sub categories ex 12a, 12b, 12c,

Customer Question
Hi, my box 12...

Hi, my box 12 on my W2 has 4 sub categories ex 12a, 12b, 12c, 12d and next to all of them is says code. What would I list on my tax return?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What do you need to know?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No, at this time just that please

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/9/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 month ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

That depends what codes are there

Let me know what codes are used - and I will explain the meaning and what to do with these reporting.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, all it says is code, there is no actual code present. Nothing on that list is present in the boxes

if there are no actual codes and no amounts reported - there is nothing to use on your tax return - these would be just blank boxes.

But these are used to report some additional information - than might be helpful.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor