Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Im just filling my taxes and my federal tax i am geting back…

Im just filling my...

Im just filling my taxes and my federal tax i am geting back is so much lower than last year

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Last year i received 1180 and now it states im only getting back $612

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Last year income 9460 federal income tax withheld $770. This year 20640. withhelo 1680

3/9/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. You probably received more back last year because you made less money and qualified for the earned income tax credit.

Still writing...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is this correct?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
is this it?

Without doing a mock return, I can't tell you if the amount is correct. However, what I can tell you is that the more you earn, the more income tax that you have to pay. In addition,earning $20,000+, you do not qualify for the earned income tax credit if you do not have a qualifying child.

-----------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant