Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Along with my wife I have an Llc that owns a building. We…

Customer Question
Along with my wife...

Along with my wife I have an Llc that owns a building. We just got an offer we can’t refuse (but in a good way!) and they want to buy the Llc not the building (the llc only owns this building). Are there any tax implications (aside from capital gains) that I need to be concerned about if I sell the shares instead of the building?Thank you in advance for any advice.

Accountant's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

Florida

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The Llc was created in 2015, so 3 years of returns.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No ma’am.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/9/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 month ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Indeed - if that LLC is NOT classified as a corportaion - there is no "shares" you will be treated as having assets sale - and will report the sale of the building on your tax return plus other assets included into that sale transaction.

That will be asset sale from tax prospective.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor