Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I want to report tax fraud on someone how do i do it

Customer Question
I want to report...

I want to report tax fraud on someone how do i do it anomyiously??

Accountant's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

california

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes just got filed a couple days ago

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/9/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 month ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Yes - that is possible.

Let me know if you need direction to proceed.

If You suspect or know of an individual or a business that is not complying with the tax laws on issues such as:

• False Exemptions or Deductions
  • Kickbacks
  • False/Altered Document
  • Failure to Pay Tax
  • Unreported Income
  • Organized Crime
  • Failure to Withhold

Use Form 3949-A, Information Referral

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3949a.pdf

Print the form and mail to:

You may also send a letter to the address above instead of using Form 3949-A. Please include as much information as possible, such as these important points:

1. Name and Address of person or business you are reporting
  2. The individual’s social security number or the business’ employer identification number
  3. A brief description of the alleged violation(s), including how you became aware or obtained information about the violation(s)
  4. The years involved
  5. The estimated dollar amount of any unreported income
  6. Your name, address and telephone number

Although you are not required to identify yourself, it is helpful to do so. Your identity will be kept confidential.

But that is your choice to provide or not your identification.

Questions?

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor