Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Client moved from Brooklyn NY to Baltimore MD in 2018. She…

Client moved from Brooklyn NY...
Client moved from Brooklyn NY to Baltimore MD in 2018.She was a Brooklyn resident for all of 2017.What address do I show on the 1040. The reason im asking is that she wants her refund to be mailed to the new address
3/8/2018
Richard, Tax Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Good afternoon. You will want to show her current address when filing the return. The fact that she lived in NY for the tax year is not relevant; the address on the return should be her current address. :)

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your question. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does that mean that MD would be looking for a filed return or not?

It does not. It will not impact her 2017 return. :)

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the It-201 will have the Baltimore address on it?

yes...that is correct.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Rich thanks so much

You're very welcome! ! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.

Richard, Tax Attorney

Thank you so much for the 5-star rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time!

Richard, Tax Attorney