Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I missed filing a statement to waive the carryback on 2017…

Customer Question
I missed filing a...

I missed filing a statement to waive the carryback on 2017 return schedule f, can i amend that return to include the 1045 or how do i fix it, can I still carryback 2016,2015 and then forward

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/8/2018
Tax Professional: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 4 months ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. Great Question. Yes - you have to file the statement with an amended return for the NOL year within 6 months of the due date of your original return (excluding extensions). Type in - “Filed pursuant to section(###) ###-####2” at the top of the statement.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any questions. Thank you.

I missed the 6 month period to amend and file the waiver so I have to do the carryback can I just file a 1045 on an amended return to use the 1045 form for 201

Yes. But, you will need to file the 1040x, as well.

I file the 2017 1040x and complete the 1045 on it?

Yes. Best Regards.