Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Is inheritance money taxed as income? I’m retired a year.

Customer Question
Is inheritance money taxed...

Is inheritance money taxed as income?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I’m retired a year. Approx income 60k Was informed am likely to receive @ 250k as an inheritance. Coming from my dad who thankfully has not departed us but is passing this on now rather than later.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Tax Professional: Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 month ago
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you with that.

Inheritance money is not taxable to you.

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

Hey! Just wanted to follow up to see if you needed anything else. If not, please leave a rating so I can get credit for helping you out. Thanks!

Carter McBride
Carter McBride