Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a question about tax on early withdrawal from IRA.

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a question about tax on early withdrawal from IRA

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet If I'm unemployed and the annual income is less than taxable amount, is that possible to get the federal tax waive?

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Hi are you there?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/8/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 month ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I will respond to your question in the next thread(s).

Q: not yet If I'm unemployed and the annual income is less than taxable amount, is that possible to get the federal tax waive?

A: While there are some exceptions that apply to the early withdrawal penalty, being unemployed is not one of the exceptions.

-----------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant