Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My wife and I have not received our W-2 form to file our tax…

My wife and I...

My wife and I have not received our W-2 form to file our tax returns. How do I get those? My SSN is###-##-####

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need for you to send me the form W-2 to file my tax returns for my wife and me.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

My wife's SSN s###-##-####

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2018
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Are you asking about forms you expected from the Social Security Administration - to report your benefits - correct?

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
I am calling to get SSN forms I need to file my and my wife's income tax returns in April/
Phone call session started

An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.

It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099,

there are some options :

• Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online.

Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

https://www.ssa.gov/signin

• Calling us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;

You may ask that form to be mailed to your address. That might take a week or so before you will have the form.

• Contacting your local Social Security office.

The form will be printed immediately - but you may need to wait some time before a representative will serve you.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area,

I see that you requested as phone service.

Let me know - if that is your intention - and I will schedule a phone call within an hour.

I am not able to reach you over the phone.

Please let me know what is most convenient time for you.