Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I/m in college online At National American University and…

Customer Question
I/m in college online...

I/m in college online At National American University and i'm retired on fixed income and I do not file Taxes, and I haven't filed since the late nineties. My wife file us joint i believe in 2000, we were married in 1999. I need a letter for my school showing that there have no taxes file bu me since i retired. Been so long i can't remember. I was also incarcerated most of the begin of 2000. Please fax me a statement or letter to me at(###) ###-####is my fax number.

Accountant's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm in Dallas,Texas.

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not at all. I only receive my retirement Social Security.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just don't know why the school need this letter.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/8/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 4 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

The IRS will NOT issue such letter,

but you may request your tax account transcript from the IRS - that is commonly accepted as a proof of your income for student aid purposes.

Let me know if that will work for you and if you need directions how to request the transcript.