Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I/m in college online At National American University and…

Customer Question
I/m in college online...

I/m in college online At National American University and i'm retired on fixed income and I do not file Taxes, and I haven't filed since the late nineties. My wife file us joint i believe in 2000, we were married in 1999. I need a letter for my school showing that there have no taxes file bu me since i retired. Been so long i can't remember. I was also incarcerated most of the begin of 2000. Please fax me a statement or letter to me at(###) ###-####is my fax number.

Accountant's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'm in Dallas,Texas.

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not at all. I only receive my retirement Social Security.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, just don't know why the school need this letter.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/8/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 month ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

The IRS will NOT issue such letter,

but you may request your tax account transcript from the IRS - that is commonly accepted as a proof of your income for student aid purposes.

Let me know if that will work for you and if you need directions how to request the transcript.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney