Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Our CPA just called and asked for some numbers from our 2017…

Our CPA just called...

Our CPA just called and asked for some numbers from our 2017 BENEFIT AMOUNTS forms which we didn't receive for 2017. In fact, our last statement was from 2016. The information he needs are: Total paid before deductions, Medicare premiums, voluntary Federal tax w/h, and any other deductions before the net checks were deposited into our bank account. What information do you need from me right now to give us the info required to speak to us about our account?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

Do you need our Social Security numbers?

3/8/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Just Answer is not associated with Social Security, so we do not have access to your personal information.

There are three ways to obtain copies of your SSA-1099s from Social Security.

1. The quickest and easiest way is to use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Once you are logged in to your account, click on "replacement documents."

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

3. Visit your local Social Security office.

Social Security recommends that you do NOT close your “old” account until you receive at least one payment into your “new” account.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you, Barb! I wasn't aware that Answer Now didn't have any way to reference my personal records with Social Security. I've tried several times to enroll to set up https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ but each time I get an error message that they don't recognize my SS number or it's a duplicate and they can't enroll me (or let me sign in). Since you are not associated with Social Security, you may not know how to answer this, which is okay. Thank you so much for the information you sent.....
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No, actually I'm one of those strange people who prefers to do everything online so I can go back over the instructions you send me. And it's really nice that I can physically SEE the nice expert who is sending me the answers! Of course, my files are pregnant with the printouts I've made! Thanks again for all your help, Barb! You are appreciated!!!

My pleasure.

If you can't access your online account, you will have to call Social Security or visit your local Social Security office.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great day!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent