Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How do I go about paying someone outside of a scheduled

payroll in Quickbooks? I am...
How do I go about paying someone outside of a scheduled payroll in Quickbooks? I am not sure what dates to use for the paycheck date and pay period end date.
3/8/2018
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

I'm Fiona, former IRS revenue agent. I am looking at your question and will get back to you soon. Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP,IMTA

Dear Customer,

You want this paycheck to show up on your current payroll tax returns and the current W-2, salary checks.

Therefore, use the check date and period as other check. In the note and description section, write "paycheck issued for the period of June, 2017 [for example] pay period.]

You seemed not to want to issue this check for now. Is that because it is a previous employee and not the current employee and you don't want to be liable for unemployment insurance or health insurance? If not, just issue the check as it is.

The paycheck date has to be the date you issue the check and you need to report payroll return liability currently. What we did not pay last year, we cannot change history.

Please feel free to follow up.

Regards,

Fiona

Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen