Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I sold a condo used as a vacation home, was not investment…

I sold a condo...

I sold a condo used as a vacation home, was not investment property. During the last year that I owned the property, I was assessed $12,000 for repair, sealing and painting the exterior of the building. Can the 12,000 be added to my cost basis?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

In brief, yes, you can add those costs to the basis. Cost basis includes the cost of the property, plus improvements. For a more detailed breakdown, you can refer to the following link.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/determine-tax-basis-real-estate-38826.html

-------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant