Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What are the -term vs. short-term considerations when

What are the long-term vs...
What are the long-term vs. short-term considerations when selling stock from an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)?
3/7/2018
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Short term or long term refers to holding period. If you own the stock for one year or less it is a short term, if you own it for more than one year (366+ days) it is a long term.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have two question Eva. If I leave my house to my child wiould they have to pay taxes on what the house is worth?The other question how do I best get a boyfriend to move out of my house?

I can answer the tax question but you will have to post the second one as family law question.

If your children inherit your house they will not have to pay any taxes until they sell it. They will pay tax on capital gains - difference between sales price and Fair market value of the property at the time of your death.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The boyfriend is no longer a boy he is 74 and we have lived together for over 30 years. He is still married and his wife lives in a near by city. Is there something legal I can do?

You have to ask a family lawyer. I am not a lawyer. Post a separate question under family law category. I am only allowed to answer questions in my category.

emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser