Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need to take $22,250 for my RMD this year. I don't know…

I need to take $22,250...
I need to take $22,250 for my RMD this year. I don't know how much taxes to allocate for federal withholding or Mass. state withholding. Can you help me figure this out? My husband already took his RMD for this year of $14,125.09 withholding 20% federal land 5% Mass state
3/7/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. The tax amount will depend on your tax bracket.

Still writing...

I'm not sure of my tax bracket

20% is typically the standard withholding amount for federal, and the tax bracket for MA is 5.1%. I would say that you should be fine with 20% for federal and the 5% for MA.

If the tax amounts withheld are more than the amount required for the taxes, that would be an overpayment, which will result in a possible refund.

-------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Thank you for your assistance, appreciate it.

You are quite welcome. Thank you for the positive rating. I do appreciate it.