Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My Income Tax Forms were stolen in 2017. How can this be…

Customer Question
My Income Tax Forms...

My Income Tax Forms were stolen in 2017. How can this be tracked?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I now am a victim of Identity Theft. I have notified IRS and so far I have not received any information. What else can I do? Thank You, ***** *****

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No not at this time.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/7/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 4 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

Depending upon how long it has been since you notified the IRS, I would check with them again. They should be assigning you an Identification Protection (IP) PIN. As far as what else you can do, you can contact the 3 major credit bureaus if you have not already done so (Equifax, Experian, and Trans-Union and ask that they place a fraud alert on your credit files. For more information regarding this, you can refer to the following link:

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0275-place-fraud-alert

For more detailed information regarding the IP PIN, refer to the following link:

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/get-an-identity-protection-pin

--------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.