Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm, on ss, worked a short time in 2017. Question: Was under…

Customer Question
Second opinion] I'm 69...

Second opinion] I'm 69, on ss , worked a short time in 2017. Question: Was under the impression that all taxes withheld from my checks would be refunded. Only income. Pls help.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What do you need to know?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/7/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 3 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If you tell me how much your wages were, how much income tax was withheld and how much SSA benefits you received I will do an estimate for you.

I already know your age but also tell me if you are married and file joint.

Not married--single. ss=$20,8.08, wages=$.1027 That's it, unfortunately. Living off my small savings. Pls help

Ok thanks.

Give me a moment to calculate

Any call offer is site generated, just ignore it.

Just want to know if I get all my withholdings from this small income. the $52 would probably be what I'm due. Can y pls answer "yes" or "no"?
are y still there?

Can you give me a moment to calculate please. Then I will say YES or NO

You left off the $52 in the response before.

Did you have 52 withheld for income tax?

are you still there?

YES