Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Please let me know what would I have to file in Indiana for…

Hi Barbara,Please let me know...
Hi Barbara,Please let me know what would I have to file in Indiana for the same situation I mentioned this morning.
3/7/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Great to hear from you!

Give me a few moments to research this for you and post my answer.

"Partnerships conducting business within Indiana must file an annual return (Form IT-65) and an information return (Schedule IN K-1) with the department. These forms must disclose each partner’s share of distributed and undistributed income. These forms are due on or before the 15th day of the 4th month following the close of the partnership’s tax year."

file:///C:/Users/gonyj/Downloads/sp262-2015%20(1).pdf

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Than you and best regards,

Barb

Thanks Barbara. You mention income. Do I need to file the state return if I'm not claiming any income or expenses. I only set up the LLC last year. Nothing else.

Form IT-65 must be filed even if it contains all zeroes as long as the partnership is conducting business in Indiana.

I suppose that depends on how we define conducting business. How about if the partnership did not begin conducting business? - only the LLC was set up and there was only an intention to conduct business at that time. No activity (revenue or expense) was conducted.

Then don't file if you just formed the entity and no business was conducted.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Thanks

My pleasure.

Thank you again for the positive rating of my answer. I appreciate it!