Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My claim was not excepted for e-file. It stated that my

Customer Question
My claim was not...

My claim was not excepted for e-file. It stated that my dependent child social security number and date of birth doesn't match the irs records. I adopted in 2017. His social security and name was changed. However he gets social security and the social security number is ***** same. What can I go?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Not that I can think of . I did double check dob and ss#. All is right as far as I can tell.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/6/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The IRS has not updated its records (for whatever reason) or SSA has not forwarded the information to the IRS to update its records.

Your only alternative is to file by mail.

My best advice would be to include a letter with your tax return explaining the situation.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Well, I thought that was what I needed to do. I also knew the left hand did not keep up with the right. My adoption was finalized last April. Guess it is a long way from Arkansas to Washington, DC. Ha!.. thank you and have a blessed afternoon.
Barbara,
What happen to the $5.00 trial period.

My pleasure.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to rate my answer with a 5-star rating to let me know that I have achieved my goal.

Experts have no knowledge of billing. I can forward this to customer service on your behalf and they will assist you.

Once I transfer it over to them, the question is locked to me and I will not be able to respond until they resolve your issue.

Some one needs to correct this immediately . I am calling my credit card and filing a complaint.

I will forward this to customer service on your behalf.

I have no knowledge of billing.