Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

MY SON IS IN PRIZOIN AND HIS X GIRLFRIEND TOOK HIS W-2 AND…

Customer Question
MY SON IS IN...

MY SON IS IN PRIZOIN AND HIS X GIRLFRIEND TOOK HIS W-2 AND HAD THE TAX FILED. THEY HAVE NEVER BEEN MARRIED AND DO NOT TALK NOW. HIS SS IS###-##-####

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

SHE TOOK HIS W-2 AND SIGNED IT AND FILED IT.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
3/6/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 4 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

You might want to report the tax fraud to the IRS - correct?
Do you know if she actually received his refund check and if yes - how she is going to cash the check?

If you suspect or know of an individual or a business that is not complying with the tax laws on issues such as:

• False Exemptions or Deductions
  • Kickbacks
  • False/Altered Document
  • Failure to Pay Tax
  • Unreported Income
  • Organized Crime
  • Failure to Withhold

Then Use Form 3949-A, Information Referral

Print the form and mail to:

You may also send a letter to the address above instead of using Form 3949-A.

Please include as much information as possible, such as these important points:

1. Name and Address of person or business you are reporting
  2. The individual’s social security number or the business’ employer identification number
  3. A brief description of the alleged violation(s), including how you became aware or obtained information about the violation(s)
  4. The years involved
  5. The estimated dollar amount of any unreported income
  6. Your name, address and telephone number