Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I filed my taxes with my check stub and the numbers are not…

Customer Question
I filed my taxes...

I filed my taxes with my check stub and the numbers are not the same. I got a letter Cop05 i know the income is incorrect .What happens now

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My check stub has the difference from my health insurance included but W2 took the amout out of Agi ...I amended the return already

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I just dont know what to do now says my return is under review wil i have to pay a fine for thisl

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/6/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 month ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If you corrected the return and filed a 1040X before you received the CP 05 Notice then wait until the IRS responds to you and send a copy of the 1040X again. You really are not supposed to send a 1040X until the original return has been processed. For now wait for the iRS to respond.

Going forward always wait for your W2

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4