Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

In January, I submitted an online application for social…

In January, I submitted...

In January, I submitted an online application for social security benefits to start in April 2018, but have not heard anything that leads me to believe that this is processing. I am retiring March 30, 2018 and need to start receiving benefits in April. How can I find out the status?

Accountant's Assistant: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?

How do I contact a retirement expert?

3/4/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

It usually takes Social Security 3-4 months to process an application for benefits--so you were wise to apply in January!

You can check on the status of your application in one of three ways--online, by phone, or in person at your local Social Security office.

1. The quickest and easiest way is to use your online "My Social Security" account. If you do not yet have an online Social Security account, you can register at the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. Call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** between the hours of 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried on My Social Security Account, but could not find out how to do that. I will call them. Thank you

My pleasure.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great day!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent