Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Willa mortgage modification or refi with the same lender…

Willa mortgage modification or refi...
Willa mortgage modification or refi with the same lender incur taxes
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/22/2018
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you out.

A mortgage modification (as long as there is no cancellation of debt) and a refi are both not taxable events, so no taxes will be due.

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

Hey! Just wanted to follow up to see if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating so I can get credit for helping you out. Thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I tried to leave a 5 star rating not sure if it went through. Can you please find out. If it didn't go through I will try again if you let me know how to.
Linda

Hey! It did not. Thanks for trying, I can move it to our customer service people to make sure it gets rated.

Carter McBride
Carter McBride
Carter McBride