Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have paid almost $15,000 from tax year 2013 in Tax year…

I have paid almost...

I have paid almost $15,000 from tax year 2013 in Tax year 2017...can I use any of this $15,000 as a tax deduction

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I have a large tax bill for 2013 ...Im paying monthly installment and in 2017 I have paid $15,000 on this 2013 tax bill. Can I claim any of the $15,000 on my 2017 taxes.

Answered in 1 minute by:
2/18/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If the payments were for federal taxes that you owe, you cannot deduct any of the payments you made.

I wish I had better news for you.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

ok

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to rate my answer with a 5-star rating to let me know that I have achieved my goal.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank YOU for the positive rating of my answer. It is very much appreciated.

Have a great weekend!