Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I would like to ask if it is possible to find out if someone…

Customer Question
Hello, I would...

Hello, I would like to ask if it is possible to find out if someone has used my business federal tax id number to opened accounts. is there an agency that generates reports like this?

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am not sure. I have a small business and suspect and employee of possible theft. Wondering if they could take our credentials and open checking account so that they can deposits checks written to my company etc.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That is my main concern to start with. Once I get this information, I will need legal advise from there.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
2/7/2018
Tax Professional: Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional replied 2 months ago
Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM, Professional

Hello!

My name is***** will be able to assist you today.

Experian allows you to view and monitor your business tax ID, credit score and view accounts that are open under the your businesses Federal Tax ID.

Experian does charge for this service and I have placed a link below to Experian Business Credit report.

http://www.experian.com/small-business/business-credit-reports.jsp

Opening business checking account is not an easy process, but if you do suspect your information was stolen then I would advise using the Profile Plus Report offered by experian.

If you have any additional questions please let me know!

My goal is to ensure you receive 100% satisfaction.

_____

At the conclusion of our conversation please take a moment to rate and accept my answer by clicking on three stars or more.

A positive rating of 5 stars is always appreciated.

Thank you!

If you have no further questions please take a moment to accept the answer.

Thank you!

Chad EA, CFP ®
Chad EA, CFP ®