Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I received a Purchase Costs of Qualifying Products =

Customer Question
I received a Purchase...

I received a Purchase Costs of Qualifying Products = $8342.00, Can this be a credit to me on my Federal taxes? thanks

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Is this a tax credit for me to use for my 2017 tax return

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No, I try to understand the form 5695 and the instructions, but I am still confurse.

Submitted: 15 days ago.Category: Tax
2/7/2018
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 15 days ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

What was it for? What did you buy?

In 2017 you can only get a credit for Qualified solar electric property and solar water heating property. The credit is 30% of the cost but it is not a refundable credit. It means you have to have taxable income and tax liability to offset it with the credit. The credit will not generate additional refund beyond your withholding.

Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 14 days ago

I see you read my response. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser