Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a partnership LLC that moved from Oregon to

Customer Question
I have a partnership...

I have a partnership LLC that moved from Oregon to California during 2017. After the move, the Oregon LLC was dissolved. Do I need to file LLC taxes in both states? How?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

So we went from doing business 100% in Oregon to 100% in California. Using Turbo Tax Business. Do I need to file business taxes with both OR and CA?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/3/2018
Tax Professional: Mark D, Enrolled Agent replied 4 months ago
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question. I apologize for any extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

If the LLC did business in both states during 2017, you will need to file a return for each state (OR will be marked final, CA initial) . You will need to apportion income by state using Schedule R on the CA return and Schedule OR-AP for the OR return

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Our business is online only. We moved to California in September 2017, but The California LLC e-file date is Jan 04 2018. Does that mean the LLC does not exist in CA until 2018?

It would mean the LLC was not qualified to do business in CA until 2018, but it actually did in 2017. You would still file a 2017 CA return as moving the company in 2017 created a nexus in the state and fits the state's definition of "doing business'"

Did I answer your question?