Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

SC Business Personal Property Tax If a business is based in…

SC Business Personal Property Tax...
SC Business Personal Property Tax If a business is based in Charleston SC does the county require a business personal property tax listing completed each year? Thanks, JW
1/25/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Business Personal Property Tax (BPP) is a tax on the furniture, fixtures, and equipment that are owned and used in a business. Any assets that are claimed on the business' income taxes should be reported on the BPP tax return. On the return, the business owner reports the total cost of the assets, the income tax depreciation, and the net depreciated value. An assessed value is then sent to the county where the business is located. The county will send a BPP tax notice after September 1. The payment is due on or before the following January 15 of each year.

does Charleston County in SC require the form?

Yes

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4