Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I received email stating that our 2017 federal tax return…

Customer Question
I received email stating...

I received email stating that our 2017 federal tax return prepared via TurboTax had been completed and filed and accepted by the IRS but no refund amount was stated therefore current refund amount and refund status is sought.

Accountant's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

????????

Accountant's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

No

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

tax return was prepared this year as well as the past several years through TurboTax using the either **************** or ******************, this as in the past a joint return in the name of ****************** ***************, MY SSI # **************

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/20/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 7 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

When using TurboTax to prepare and file your tax return, TurboTax will send you TWO emails after you transmit your tax return. The first email tells you that your return was TRANSMITTED successfully to the IRS. The second email tells you that your return was ACCEPTED by the IRS. Neither email will contain your refund amount or the status of your refund.

The IRS is not "officially" processing any tax returns until January 29, 2018. Your tax return may be part of the "test batch" of returns that get processed by the IRS before that date to make sure the efile system is working properly.

You can check your refund status at the IRS website: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

You will need:

Social security number or ITIN

Your filing status

Your EXACT refund amount as listed on your tax return

You can begin to check your refund 24 hours after your return has been ACCEPTED, but as I mentioned, the IRS will not be fully operational until January 29, 2018.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb