Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I live in WA State where we have sales tax. My location

I live in WA...

I live in WA State where we have sales tax. My location raised sales tax April 1 2017. So for the first three months of the year it was one rate and the rest another. To take the general deduction do I figure each rate separately or do I just use the one rate that started in April?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No that is my only question. I have everything else covered on my return.

1/18/2018
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Dear Customer,

1) If you use software for the State of Washington, check your software and your provider, they should have split the factor of two sales tax rates in the software;

2) If you use the IRS website, I have not seen 2017 sales tax calculation table up yet; and

3) If you are calculating by yourself, use both tax rates. Do separate calculations, as before and after April, 2017.

Please feel free to follow up.

Regards,

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP, IMTA

Dr. Fiona Chen