Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I made $16,500.00 in ssdi do I have to file a federal tax…

I made $16,500.00...

I made $16,500.00 in ssdi do I have to file a federal tax return I'm single

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I did not make the $25,000.00 required to pay taxes on my money

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I don't think so i have been told if i make $10,000.00 or more i still need to file

1/16/2018
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. If you only income was SSDI income of $16,500, then you would not need to file. If you have other income then you may have a filing requirement. You are correct that if you had wages or other income of more than $10,000 then you would likely have a filing requirement. Social Security income is treated a little different. If you had any withholding from your SSDI you would want to file a return to have the withholding refunded.

If this answered your question, I would appreciate if you would take a moment to rate my response. There should be stars above the question. This is the only way that I will receive credit for helping you today. If you have additional questions or need clarification I would be happy to continue the conversation.

Mark Taylor