Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What are the forms for reporting Rental Income to the IRS on…

What are the forms for...
What are the forms for reporting Rental Income to the IRS on foreign properties - we collect each month? Is this filed separately from our personal returns?
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/10/2018
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

HelloCustomer

You will report rental income from a foreign property the same as you do a US rental property. The form you use is Schedule E and you then report that income to your.

You may be able to take a credit against your US federal income tax for income taxes paid to the foreign country on your net rental income after deducting all expenses.

___

Here is an additional source for your verification.

FOREIGN REAL ESTATE U.S. IRS TAX RULES YOU MUST FOLLOW

http://www.escapefromamerica.com/2011/03/tax-rules-when-you-own-and-rent-property-abroad/

"If you own the international international real estate in your individual name, you report all of your rental income and expenses on Schedule E of your Form 1040. All of the allowable expenses are the same as for US property."

If this was your only question and you are satisfied with the answer please accept the answer.

If you have any additional questions at all please let me know!

My goal is to ensure you receive 100% satisfaction.

_____

At the conclusion of our conversation please take a moment to rate and accept my answer by clicking on three stars or more.

A positive rating of 5 stars is always appreciated.

Thank you!

Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
for income taxes paid to the foreign country on your net rental income after deducting all expenses. Where?
Thank you