Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have installment plans set up $150.00 a month, how can I…

Customer Question
I have installment plans...

I have installment plans set up $150.00 a month, how can I relook at that and change that amount

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I would like to tal to a person...after one hour and 15 minutes holding today when i finally got a person, she was very rude and hung up by telling me to have a nice day

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Talk talk

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
1/9/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 3 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

That is unfortunate that you received such treatment.

The IRS does make it easier to change that online actually.

What you can change using the Online Payment Agreement tool (for non-direct debit agreements/plans):

• Change your monthly payment amount
  • Change your monthly payment due date
  • Convert an existing agreement to a direct debit agreement
  • Reinstate after default

If it is a direct debit agreement you made though you must talk directly to the IRS.

Here is the page

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/reviewing-and-changing-your-payment-agreement

Did that link take you to the page?

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4