Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Owe IRS how do I enter that on the form. Tn. I have other…

Customer Question
Owe IRS how do...

Owe IRS how do I enter that on the form

Accountant's Assistant: Family law varies by state. What state are you in?

Tn

Accountant's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have other question about furniture that my company gave me instead of my complete salary.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
we owe IRS how do I put that in to the agreement.
1/9/2018
Tax Professional: Mark D, Enrolled Agent replied 5 months ago
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent

Hello. Is the a personal tax debt? What is the balance?

Around $5000

Can you pay it in full within 180 days?

No

You will want to apply for an installment agreement at the below link. However, if you can show you are in a hardship financial, you may be able to get the account "shelved" or settle for less. Getting the account shelved does not do away with the tax, but an Offer in Compromise (settling for less) does if accepted and completed.

https://www.irs.gov/payments/online-payment-agreement-application