Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How do I get my tax files for the last 3 years? I have not…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get my tax files for the last 3 years? I have not filed in three years.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I want to know where I stand with the irs so I can catch up with filing my taxes for the past three years

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Nope I had

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Tax
1/9/2018
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 5 months ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. My name’s Lane …

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.

Bear with me a moment while I type up my response. Then if you have further questions we can go from there.

First, of course any tax pro can do this for you (H&R Block, etc) .

...

But if you want to do this yourself, here's where you can get prior years versions of Turbotax:

...

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

...

There are also several web sites where you can do this.

...

https://www.freetaxusa.com/prior_year.jsp

...

https://www.priortax.com/default.aspx

What you can do to see what's been reported as income by employers and others is go here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript OR use this form ... https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript ... be sure to ask for the wage and income transcript OR even a MORE exhaustive type of transcript is the tax ACCOUNT transcript.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating, using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit"– That’s the only way I’ll be credited for the work.

But again, if you need more on this, or if I've not understood your question correctly, please let me know.

Lane

Hi, Lane here.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?