Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I asked a question, about $5000 that I won on a cruise, and…

Customer Question
I asked a question...

I asked a question, about $5000 that I won on a cruise, and before I could finish my question, I got cut off. Do I need tostart all over again or did the whole question disappear

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

All I receive from SS is $900 per month, but since it is deposited in our joint account my husband thinks it is all his, he only gives me 100 per month so I do not have much money of my own. I put the $5000 into my personal account, and I am afraid to spend any until I know how much of it has to go for taxes. So that is my question.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 3 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Do you file joint with your husband?

If any of the $5000 is taxable, that depends on how you file and how much income there is for the year.

If you file joint that includes your spouse's income too.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney