Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Cannot find my 2018 form ssa-1099 benefits statement. how to…

Customer Question
Cannot find my 2018...

Cannot find my 2018 form ssa-1099 benefits statement. how to get another?

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Connecticut

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Would like another form ssa-1099 2018

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
1/9/2018
Tax Professional: James Daloisio, Tax Attorney replied 1 month ago
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer.

Your SSA-1099 for the tax year 2017, which will be used in the 2018 filing season, will be mailed out to you at the end of January. If you do not receive it you have several options:

1) Call the Social Security Administration at(###) ###-#### Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. (Be prepared to wait on "hold" for a half hour to an hour, though)

2) Visit your local Social Security Office and they can print you a copy. Use their office locator tool to find their address, hours, and directions, here:

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

3) Create an online account at the social security website. Go to the following address, scroll down to the bottom of the page, check the box agreeing to the terms, and click "Next." It will walk you through the process:

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIR/CatsView.do

But before you do anything, just wait for your copy to arrive in the mail. 1099's have to go out by the end of the month. Thank you for using Just Answer.

James Daloisio
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney