Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I heard that you GET an extra $1000 if you wait to do your…

Customer Question
I heard that you...

I heard that you GET an extra $1000 if you wait to do your taxes after January 31st. Is this true

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

All I know is that my employer told us to wait as you get an extra $1000 on your return if you wait. I have never heard this before. Where would the that money come from?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
1/9/2018
Tax Professional: Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 3 months ago
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Dear Customer,

I have not heard of this, either. You may want to ask your employer. Are they saying that this is this year only, or are they saying that is what is for every year? If this is only for this year, some companies are going to give additional 1,000 to employees as wages. Is that what they meant? But that wages should be for 2018 under the new tax laws. I cannot think of any reason for this statement. "ou GET an extra $1000 if you wait to do your taxes after January 31st."

Regards,

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP, IMTA

Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen