Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

With the passage of the new trump tax law, what will be the…

Customer Question
with the passage of the...
with the passage of the new trump tax law, what will be the best careers in accounting or finance to pursue?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
1/9/2018
Tax Professional: Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 3 months ago
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Dear Customer,

Please feel free to let us know a little more about your background and training and what type of career you have in mind to pursue.

1) Almost everything available to accountants before, they are still necessary. Trump tax laws change laws and reduce tax rates. Basically, the tax laws and every professional requirements remain. We still need booking, accounting, auditing, financial reporting, cash management, etc.

2) If someone thinks that the tax laws have been simplified, one may consider for work for Turbotax or HR Block. They are exciting fields of professional work, too.

3) Finance world is different from accounting, it is more towards cash flow management and investments.

4) Both fields have jobs and specialties in local, state, federal and international areas of application. Trump's tax laws' aims are to have corporations get money back to the U.S. Corporate finance and accounting is one of the major fields.

Please feel free to follow up.

Regards,

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP, IMTA

Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen