Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a question. The IRS sent a nntoice to me that I did…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question. The IRS sent a nntoice to me that I did not repoprt total income. They are in error. I sent a copy of my q040 for verificatgion, I have not heard from tghem for over 45 days to my reply.

Accountant's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I used trubo tax for year 1015. The IRS records are in error.

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am waiting for a comply from rhe IRS.l MY tax submiission is correct. They indicate some income was not reported and tax was withheld on other sources. Their records of wrong.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
1/9/2018
Tax Professional: James Daloisio, Tax Attorney replied 1 month ago
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer.

It sounds like you received a CP2000 notice. Any time the income reported on your tax return does not match the documents received by the IRS, it will trigger this automated notice.

What you have to do is call the IRS at the phone number that appears in the upper right hand section of your notice, and ask them to send you a copy of your 2015 "Wage and Income Transcript." They will mail you copies of a transcript showing all of the income that was reported to you for that tax year. Compare that information to the information on your tax return.

If you feel up to the challenge, you can go to the IRS website and use their "Get Transcript Online" tool to sign up and get your transcripts on your home computer. Just go to this website:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

and click on "Get Transcript Online." Before you do so, read the information carefully as to what you will need to sign up. Once you've created an account and are able to access your transcripts, look for "Wage and Income Transcripts."

Hope that answered your question. Please bear in mind that these CP2000 notices are automatically generated when records received by the IRS do not match the information on your tax return. Please don't forget to rate this answer; you can always return here to ask follow up questions on this topic at no additional charge. Thank you for using Just Answer.

James Daloisio
James Daloisio
James Daloisio, Tax Attorney