Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How can I get my ein number without my w2. I need my ein so…

Customer Question
How can I get...

How can I get my ein number without my w2

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need my ein so I can do an advance loan on my taxes

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

The name of the company is absolute care staffing health agency, Inc

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
1/8/2018
Tax Professional: Fred Rook, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 month ago
Fred Rook
Fred Rook, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I can help you. So, because you don't have your W2, I'll assume that you worked for the company less than 1 year. If you worked for the company more than one year, you might already have it on your return (depending on what state you live in). Therefore, common ways employees have obtained the Company's EIN without a W2 are as follows....

1) Call the company and ask (ex - human resource dept). They are required to give it to you (as well as the W2).

2) Call the IRS and just ask for your IRS transcript. They will send you a copy of all the income reported for you from all sources, including banks and employers. Call 1-***-***-**** and first explain the situation, and if they can't help you with the EIN, then ask for the transcript.

3) Depending on what state you are in, you can conduct a search on the business website of the state, which may have this information. If #'s 1 and 2 don't work, I can help you with this option.

Please let me know if this addresses your question.

Thanks,

Fred

Fred Rook
Fred Rook