Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Interested in information about new tax laws and their

Interested in information about...

Interested in information about new tax laws and their effect on S Corporations

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Do the new tax laws effect the pass through income for owners of S Corporation

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

In 2017 the pass through income was 300,000 for each of two owners,

1/8/2018
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Yes - the new tax law will affect S-corporations as well.

Specifically - there will be additional 20% deduction to pass through business income - that will reduce your taxable income which will be reported on your personal tax return.
Another provision - will reduce your marginal tax rates.

Let me know if you are looking into any details.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What exactly do you mean an additional 20% deduction (what is the additional deduction ?0
NPVAdvisor
NPVAdvisor, CFP Licensee and Practitioner
Phone call session started

You will find some detailed information about that new 20% deduction here

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2017/12/26/tax-geek-tuesday-making-sense-of-the-new-20-qualified-business-income-deduction/

Let me know if you need any help.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor