Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am on advanced parole status and have submitted a I 485. I…

Customer Question
I am on advanced...

I am on advanced parole status and have submitted a I 485. I have an employment authorization card. Am I eligible to take university credits?

Accountant's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Minnesota

Accountant's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am married to a US citizen and my application has been in process for 15 months.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Tax Professional: GSenmartin,
 replied 1 month ago
GSenmartin

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 15 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. Also, please do NOT click on the Opt Out button because if you do, it would prevent me from communicating with you and then it could take a long time before another expert responds to you.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Tax Professional: GSenmartin,
 replied 1 month ago

Sorry for the delay. I just ask that if the news is not good that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Fortunately, yes, you are allowed to take credits. The school will decide what they will charge you, and they probably will charge you higher tuition rates, but immigration doesn't get involved with that. That's school policy. If it is too expensive, you may need to find another school.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

GSenmartin
GSenmartin
GSenmartin