Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I filed an amended 2016 tax return as part of an appeal to.

Customer Question
I filed an amended...

I filed an amended 2016 tax return as part of an appeal to

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Sorry - hit the send button too soon.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

It was part of an appeal to Social Security because my Medicare premium was raised significantly. Social Security responded that they need a letter or transcript acknowledging receipt of my amended tax return. How do I get that letter or transcript. The return was mailed on December 27.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
1/8/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 6 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

OK. Thanks.
Never mind.. for $52 I'll c all the IRS myself.

As your amended return was only mailed on Dec 27th, the IRS may not have that updated in their system yet BUT you can get that online.

Tax Account Transcript - shows basic data such as return type, marital status, adjusted gross income, taxable income and all payment types. It also shows changes made after you filed your original return. This transcript is available for the current tax year and up to 10 prior years using Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Above is the link to the secure IRS page for looking at and printing that transcript. You should be bale to see if the changes were made yet.

You are most welcome.
A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I am credited for assisting.

Any call offer is site generated, just ignore it.

When I realized to cost to this I wanted to vacate but was unable to. I will NEVER use such a service again to get the same info I got on the automated IRS system while awaiting a response from you.

I am sorry that your experience was not satisfactory.

If you want I will tell Customer Service for you.

I was not compensated in any way.

please call customer service for me. Thank you.

Certainly

Please do not respond to me after this post because I will be locked out.