Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am on SSDI and would like to know about housing for people…

Customer Question
I am on SSDI...

I am on SSDI and would like to know about housing for people in disability.

Accountant's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I am in Florida

Accountant's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have been on social security from 1995 car accident

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to become my own payee

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Tax
1/8/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 6 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

The Section 8 Program is a federal rent subsidy which assists participants with monthly rental payments that helps lower-income, disabled and elderly residents get affordable housing in the state.

Please be aware that demand for Section 8 assistance in Florida is high. In most cities, there are wait lists to receive aid.

Section 8 eligibility is largely based on household income. Income limit is divided into three categories:

1. Low Income (80% of median income)
  2. Very Low Income (50% of the median income)
  3. Extremely Low Income (60% of the very low income level/30% of the median income)

See here

https://www.huduser.gov/portal/datasets/il/il2017/2017summary.odn?states=12.0&data=2017&inputname=METRO36740M36740*1209599999%2BOrange+County&stname=Florida&statefp=12&year=2017&selection_type=county

Let me know if you need any additional help with determination.